Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova has grown from one hospital in 1956 to a nationally recognized, comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care physician practices, and health and wellness initiatives. Inova’s five hospitals include more than 1,700 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. Inova seeks to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve – every time, every touch.

In 2010, Inova partnered with Bluepoint Leadership Development to design and deliver a custom program to support a culture of trust, respect, safety and profitable growth for Inova. Bluepoint developed a 4-day LEAD – Leadership Essentials for Advanced Development and a 2-day AELP – Advanced Executive Leadership version and delivered the programs to over 450 Patient Care Directors and Nurse Managers.

92% say LEAD is one of the best workshops they have ever attended. The remaining 8% rated the workshop as ‘superior’…but the statistics only tell part of the story. Following are some testimonials from program participants:

“This was the best leadership enrichment I have ever participated in. The facilitators were dynamic, practical and very engaging. I got practical tools I can
really use in my leadership journey.”

Ziporia Koger, Inova

“LEAD far exceeded my expectations and was an amazing way to spend four days. They provided real tools different than any other leadership information I have received. Invaluable to me as a leader.”

Dianne Yantus, Inova Fairfax Hospital

“The LEAD workshop was exceptional! The focus areas were perfectly designed and Camille was outstanding. Thank you for having such a quality program.”

Deborah Fulbrook, EdM, RN, Patient Care Director, Inova Fair Oaks

“Surpassed my expectations. A great ‘shot in the arm’ for leading and dealing with complex issues. Very effective!”

Michelle Penninger, Inova